This week, Jeremy and I are spending a few days in San Diego. We are visiting two community centers within the San Diego County Parks and Recreation system.
We are so fortunate to have San Diego County, and their seven community centers, as one of our pilot programs using GoStrive in their community. More on this partnership later! (Read about our other pilot program, Madison School & Community Recreation, here)
Photos from our trip
Meet Renell! The friendliest Recreation Director in all of Spring Valley
It was a beautiful day! We enjoyed 70 degree weather and sunshine!
Some serious jamming at the Rec Club at Lakeside Community Center.
This after school program provides activities and meals for teens.
Every board game known to man (or pretty close to it) can
be found at the Lakeside Rec Club.
I’m in love with the San Diego County Parks & Recreation logo.
This is the Rec Club van, used for all of their local field trips.
This is a ‘senior playground’
Each station offers exercises and stretches, geared towards senior fitness.
Read more about senior playgrounds, here.
Fun Facts about San Diego County:
- 5.5 million people live in this county! Roughly the same amount as the entire state of Wisconsin.
- Combined with LA County, these two counties represent 5% of the entire US population.
- The University of California houses one of the largest Dr. Suess collections (green eggs and ham, anyone?)
- The San Diego Zoo is home to 4,000 animals in 800 different species
- Balboa Park, is the nation’s largest urban cultural park. There are 15 museums there!