The National Recreation and Park Association recently released their PRORAGIS annual report, and it took us a little by surprise. Have you had a chance to dig into it yet?
Here are a few things that stood out to us:
- $31: The 2011 median program fee per participant
- $9: The 2013 median program fee per participant
- 44.5%: The percentage of direct revenue resulting from programs and class fees
Can Parks and Recreation agencies afford to discount their programs any further?
The answer is no.
Ready for a few more statistics?
- 56% of Americans own 1 or more smartphones*
- In the 18-34 demographic, 80% have smartphones*
- 21% of phone owners use their devices as their primary way of accessing the Internet**
- 75% of African Americans and 68% of non-white Hispanics are going online with their devices**
Mobile is becoming harder and harder to ignore. What is your organization doing to serve smartphone users?
GoStrive is your free mobile program guide. Reach and impact more community members with your program offerings. Spread the word about events happening right in their backyard. Simply send us your program guide (in any file format), and we’ll get you up and running in no time.